Thursday, April 21, 2011

Maybe someday...

Dear Husband,
Today is a crazy day.  It is the day before finals week of my freshman year of college, and I should be doing anything but writing this letter.  I have been meaning to write this for awhile, but I couldn’t seem to make time to do it.  Today, however, whenever a million things are going on; I am thinking about you and it just seems like the write thing to do.  Haha. :)
I just want to tell you that ever since I was young, I have had a plan for my life.  Not too exact, but I knew that by my freshman year at Barclay College I would find a man that would be my husband.  Then, after we dated for a year, we would be engaged and then be married after my sophomore year.  Funny thing, this year is over, and still no husband!  God really does have a sense of humor. :)
I am just thinking of all the things that I can do now that I will not be married by that time.  Think of all the things you will get to do too!  I pray for you everyday, I hope that you are letting God work in your life daily, and that you truly trust to follow His plan.  I know that is what will draw me to you.  Please promise me that you will try to follow Him and lead me for the rest of your life.  I know that I need someone to trust, someone to lead and make decisions, and I know that if we are together... you have definitely been gifted with that.  
I also know that I have never been very good around “normal” guys.  Not that I am weird or awkward toward them, but I think that I am not good enough for a normal and Christian guy to date.  It is much easier for me to relate and make myself available to those who might be “Second-Rate.”  I think that explains some of my past; I am so sorry for the way I have let my heart be taken advantage of.  I know that we are both bringing some history and background into this marriage, good and bad.  I know it will be difficult to deal with at times, but I also sometimes can’t wait to work through these problems with you.  I truly believe that with Christ, we can do anything!  
Speaking of my past, I hope you know that now I have become extremely picky when I look for someone to date.  I think that it will be hard to enter into any relationship for a long time.  So, basically, I guess what I am saying is.. You’re a lucky guy!  You won my heart, what a great prize.  :) I can’t wait to win yours, as well.  
I can’t wait to walk with you, talk with you, know your thoughts, your feelings, your dreams, what God is doing in your life and where He is leading you.  I can’t wait to do that for every day of our lives.  I can’t wait to be involved in ministry with you, any kind!  Whether that be writing a check, building a house, teaching a Sunday School class, leading a worship service.. anything!  I hope that when we fill our home with kids, we can cuddle up with each other and them, and read the Bible and talk about our days.    I can’t wait to look at you in the mirror and see you looking back at me.  I can’t wait to go on our first date, I’ve never been on a real one before.  I can’t wait to go on many, many, many dates after that.  I want to go to amusement parks with you.. and win prizes and go on the rides, just like in the movies!  I can’t wait to walk down the aisle looking my prettiest for you.  I want to build you up and encourage you in everything you do.  I want to giggle and laugh and tease and play games and have all sorts of fun with you.  I hope even when we’re old and gray, we’ll be wondering if something as beautiful as our love was truly made for us, that we were made to be together.     
I love you forever&ever.
<3 Andi 

No comments:

Post a Comment