Today was... our lastest day in New York #sadface. We were supposed to go to the 9/11 memorial at 10:30, buttttt, like most days, we were running late, so we missed our reservation. #whoops. We maybe shouldn't have, cuz we even paid for a cab! BUT, there was the most traffic and also the taxi driver was maybe the rudest. We fumbled around just a little bit with the money, and after 3 seconds of fumbling he said, "okay fine! just give me whatever you have!" #heprobablydoesn'tloveJesussoIshouldbenice. BUT, I really just didn't like him. Anyways, we missed our reservation, but we just waited in line to get one to go in at 7:00 pm, and that just worked out better! :)
We looked through the preview site after that. It was probably the coolest one-room building I've ever been in. There was a timeline of that morning, all sorts of personal stories and facts of 9/11, and two SUPER cool books that I really liked looking at. One was the Hero's of 9/11, which had pictures of the heros or families of heros. The other was like, art inspired by 9/11, notes, and poetry, and lil kid drawings. They were both very interesting.
After that we were brave and we RODE THE NYC SUBWAY. This is a BIG deal. We just walked down the 'ol underground stairs and hopped on. (Not really, we asked the guy in charge for directions, but ah well). We just had to ride one stop to ol Chinatown, but it took forevs because the train in front of us got stuck or something! So, we sat for a while (Han looked nervous ;)) and made friends with Jake Urischious twin who was late to meet the manager of Saks Fifth Avenue #prettybigdeal #rubbinelbowswithcelebs
Eventually we got off and walked up the stairs to what could have been Chinatown. #Sketchystuff #realllyyyysketchystuff Canal Street was maybe the shadiest place we have been, and we just hustled our little booties right through Beijing! After some quick re-navigating, we ended up in Little Italy, and that was much better #peopleweren'ttryingtomugus. There were about a billion cute little cafes on Mulberry Street to choose from, and eventually we chose one called S.P.A.U.? or something. I might've made those letters up. I had fettuchine and Han had brick oven pizza #definitenomnomnom. It was pretty uneventful, except that at the end we were trying to decide whether or not to take a to-go box (do they have to-go boxes in Little Italy?) and then the little man just snatched them right up! No leftovers for us!
Then we walked down to SoHo for a little shopping:) We met a nice man in Italy who gave us directions. We like it when nice people see that we're lawst (NJ accent) :) and help us out. There were about a billion stores there! We only bought stuff at H&M, but we looked at lots, like a store called Necessary Clothing! Plus, we smelled the only Starbucks ever that hasn't smelled good. Mold is the new coffee in SoHo apparently #grimy
Because, like I have said before, we are old and get tired very quickly, it was time to head back. The Subways are super hard to navigate I think, but Han figured it out after only one wrong trip and we ended up in our Battery Park stomping grounds! #gooddirections Then, after resting on a bench for awhile, we headed off to eat a New York hot dog and see the 9/11 memorial.
Of course, of all the times we WANT a New York hotdog, that would be the time when ALL of the vendors went home for the day! We finally found one, and paid three dollars for a hotdog that was probs the size of my pinky. Han said "WOW! He could've put four of these lil guys on there!" She was right. Oh well, they were probs still the best hotdogs I've ever had:) Thanks vendor man!
Then we sat in this deli for a while and rubbed elbows with some celeb newscaster lady #connections #nycliving We had fruit, cuz it is the BEST here!! We sat across from the picketers again, and there was this weird lady dancing to a drum with a skunk hat on her head. Riddle me that one too buddy.
Finally it was time for our reservation (we were not missing that one again buddy!) And we walked through a maze and looked at the memorial. IT. WAS. BEAUTIFUL. Really. The water was beautiful, the skyline was beautiful behind it, the names were so cool.. It was just a wonderful memorial. Pictures will describe it much better:) Han and I just walked around and talked about 9/11 sometimes and sometimes were quiet. I think my favorite part was the little flowers and flags stuck in peoples names.
We decided after that that we wanted pastries and coffee (bean&bean of course!) :) We went to Dunkin Donuts first (of course! Han has made their pumpkin muffins my new fave.) The little Indian man (p.s.Indian is Han's favorite food! #crazyrandomfact) that worked at Dunkin' had muffins, but he had to tell us about a billion times that they didn't have donuts. We just could not understand ONE WORD he was saying. Han would nod at him like she did, then turn to me and say, uhh.. What'd he say? hahaha. lol. it was so funny!
So, I got a muffin, but we still needed coffee! Too bad we walked to Beans&Beans and found out it closes at 7:30. Time? 7:50. Nuggets. We then went to the little place downstairs (its becoming our New Favorite!) :) and Han got some funky tasting coffee and a cinnamon roll flaky pastry roll-up. I got a turtle cheesecake brownie. #nomnomnom #thingsIcouldn'tresist We brought them up to the apartment and ate them, plus a leftover Dulce de Leche cupcake from Crumbs, while Jo played and sang for us. It was a great way to end our last night:)
Boo. Last night. I think we are tired and maybe a little ready to go back, but we both love this Big City life. Maybe, maybe someday I'll come back and figure out those crazy Jews, or picketers, or brave Chinatown, but right now I just like to think about how I had the best NYC livin time with @Hannahdine. #bestfriends #roomies #ilovethatgirl. Bye New York! Hope to see you sooooon! :)
P.s. Han didn't wash her hair tonight! This is crazy nuts! I've never seen this happen!! I guess that #newyorklivin finally got to her ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment