Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Just World Travelin'

Good morning afternoon time:)  Well, just in case you were wondering.. we are safely back from New York!  After one VERY long day yesterday, I finally arrived in Hugoton at 1:15 a.m. (as in the morning, like after midnight :P) Also, my parents read my blog now, so I am not allowed to say how fast I drove, but it was safe ;)

BUT, it was a good travel day!  We got to La Guardia airport in plenty of time, and because we are smart and savvy technology teenagers, we used the self check-in to print our boarding passes! #21stcenturygoodness.  So far, it was a good day.  Five minutes LATER, however, as we tried to walk through security, they informed us that we were only allowed to have TWO bags, counting our purses!  Epic packing fail.  Both of our bags were packed so tight we couldn't fit anything in, so we had to walk back to the check-in counter and check a bag. #35dollarsoutofpocket #cussing (But, we did get to cut in line, courtesy of the security ladies pink pass:))  The only really BAD thing was, after we got through security, Han reminded me that I left my laptop in my checked bag, so I was very worried the whole time!  It turned out okay though:) #macbooksafeandsound #sighofrelief

Then, we walked to our gate and got breakfast.  Well, Han got Auntie Anne's cinnamon pretzel, and I got my LAST container of New York fruit.  (I scarfed my pumpkin muffin from the night before on the car ride there. #nomnomnom)  Finally we got on the plane and proceeded to PASS OUT for our 3 hour flight to Dallas. #goodsleep #badneckcramps

At Dallas, we braved a huge airport again.  We figured out our gate and started truckin'.  (Not rollin this time, cuz remember we checked our bags?)  :)  However, we ran into a problem.  We followed the signs to our gate, and it put us on the skyline thinger, or whatever the cutesy tram name is at the Dallas Airport.  The problem was this: The tram was only going one direction, because the opposite direction one was broken.  The REAL problem was that the one running took us allll the way around the whole airport, to all the terminals, before we got to ours.  So that killed about 20 minutes of our layover.  Plus, the REAL REAL problem was that the signs lied to us, and that we could have just kept walking straight and got to our gate after only about 13 more.  Okay, and the REAL REAL REAL problem was that we were STARVING, and we only had about a fifty minute layover anyway.  so yeah.

But, we finally made it to the ol A16, and found the yummiest BBQ place really close by.  (Actually, it was the only restaurant close by, but that's a minor detail. :)) P.s. Side note.  I hate the word restaurant, I NEVER spell it right!  We were in such a hurry I didn't see what it was called, but I think it started with a D, and I really did love it!  Also, we pulled up to our gate right when they called our class again #queensofclosecalls #livinontheedge :)

Our plane took a while to take off due to "mechanical problems" which turned into "luggage problems," which turned into Carol Williams telling us later "that's about the time I get off the plane!" But it wasn't too bad a wait compared to our one in Chicago.  Also, the FUNNIEST old lady was sitting across from us.  One of the stewards probs had about 10 cups of coffee today, and when he was doing the pre-flight demonstration he would zoooom from the front of the plane to the back of the plane.  He maybe thought he was super steward or something! Anyways this old lady kept giving him funny looks, and we were ROLLING.  I think she noticed how funny she was being, because she smiled at us and made even funnier faces.  She even tried to shush us because we were laughing so hard, but it didn't work.  She was a character! #goodgrammy

When we landed in Wichita, it was the DEADEST compared to the rest of the world.  We feel like we most definitely understand city people culture shock now!  Instead of taxis, there were big ol minivans.  Also, in NY we waited in a long line for a taxi, and there there was NOBODY.  We were the only ones on the parking shuttle.  it was the weirdest feeling.  Kind of like in Rango when Rango goes from the crazy highway to the old west town.  It was like that, total contrast!  There was even a sign about checked guns in luggage and that old-timey western music playing.  We were definitely back in Kansas!

We had made plans to go out to eat with lil Cara Wara Linville, so we did that, and I lost my On the Border virginity!  I had pork tacos that were KIND of like the ones from  Hugos in Mexico.  They were good good good!! Then, we just giggled forevs:) (or two hours)

Then, we set off on the last leg of our journey.  Home home home home home!  Funny thing, we were driving along Maize and all of a sudden lights started flashing in my mirror.  My life probs flashed before my eyes, but I pulled over.  The cop was SUPER young, and I knew I hadn't been speeding, so I couldn't imagine what this noob was doing.  He proceeded to say that I had been swerving across the lines alot of times, and because of me, he almost ran into a few cars.  #soundslikeapersonalproblembuddy.  He asked who we were and what we were doing, and when I said we were just visiting and were really from a very very small town (he hadn't heard of Hugoton of course!  Bonus for smallness:)) He immediately relaxed and let us off the hook.  He didn't even take my license!  I don't really know how to take that except maybe he knows that small town Kansas has really bad city drivers.  Oh well, no ticket! :)

We finally got to Haviland and dropped Han off to go to bed.  zzzzz.  (that was for her snore ;))  Then, a fairly uneventful ride homeeee. To sleeeeep in my ownnnnn beddddd:) :) :) Minus the fact that Kaitlyn's couch, desk, and school supplies are all over MY room.  Her room is just a huge closet for HER.  What is wrong with this picture?

She sent me a very sweet text on the way home.  So I should've known something was up.  #judging #lilangry #illmovethatcouchtomorrow  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment